Thursday 17 November 2011

"Baseball" brief

For this brief I wanted to create a series of posters to promote the upcoming re-release of the album 'Baseball' by the band Say Anything. It was originally released in 2001 but didn't really sell any copies until 2003 for some reason. The band only recently started playing songs from this album again after 10 years without ever playing from it live. This is in conjunction with the signing of a record deal with Equal Vision Records and the proposed re-release of Baseball. These posters are being designed to promote the re-release.

I wanted the posters to be based all around illustration, as this brief was effectively just a way to have a completely illustration-based brief in the set. To start with I came up with this quick brain storm for ideas and directions that could be taken with the brief. It is intended to be a smaller brief when compared to the others and each poster shouldn't take too long, so in theory I should be able to make 8 over 8 weeks (Although I'm already a bit behind in this timeframe).


To get the brief started, I took on the detailed illustrative idea with the kind of fancy/floral/old style to it. This took a lot longer than expected, and half way through I realised that I couldn't think of how to actually apply it as a poster or use it to promote the album.


I will definitely have to reconsider the concept behind these posters before I continue, as I don't want to go about taking ages on each poster and then realising that I can't even really use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment