Thursday 3 November 2011

Comic Brief - 7 Point Star

I had the idea to work with the star concept but to use a 7 point star across 7 editions. 7 is an important aspect in the narrative of the stories, so it is much more relevant than a 5 point star. I started by making the star and giving it the same kind of look and feel of the original type with little holes and a slightly wavy edge and stuff. click the image below to see in detail.


One point that came across in the crit was that the design is a bit too minimalist for a comic brief and wouldn't really fit the audience that well, but that the concept itself was good. I agree with this, I think it probably is a bit too minimalist to be the only thing on the cover. 

So I started to try and see how it could be incorporated as an aspect of the cover, building up over time with the comics. I thought about putting it on the spine like in the example below. 



This idea has some potential, but in it's current state it isn;t really even important enough to make a note of as it just seems like a really small design solution. One thing that came across in this was how the spine could be used as part of the overall design, which I hadn;t really thought of before now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment