Tuesday 8 November 2011

Comic Brief - 7 Point Star Final Designs

These are the final designs for the 7 point star idea. I started by thinking about another way to use the 7 point star to look a bit more interesting than the standard shape, so I cut each piece and made a gap between the segments as they line up. This gave me the idea to think about how they could work physically in sequence when actually printed. I thought about using some kind of tracing paper stock to physically build up the layers over time and how that would affect the actual design in colour. The below image is a quick mock up example of how tones would change.




I decided to use this idea with the gaps because its better and just more interesting than the solid white 7 point star. I also quickly made this example below by placing each part of the star directly on top of one another, but it doesn't really even make sense for the brief. Under that I experimented with a couple of different ways to lay out the whole star, eventually deciding to stick with this close together but separated one in the second image.




Once this was done, I looked over the type again and realised that it wasn't very neat or high quality as you can see in the example below, so I vectorised it nicely for the final Neil Gaiman type.



Once all that was done, I put the front cover designs all together so that they could be seen in sequence as shown below. 



7 Points

No comments:

Post a Comment