Tuesday 8 November 2011

Comic Brief - 7 point star

I wanted to try and see the 7 point star idea working properly in the progressing designs over the potential 7 editions, so I made this PDF. I think the 7 point star is more appropriate to the designs because of the 7 characters and the look of the star is a bit more interesting than the 5 point (which looks kind of childish).

Open publication - Free publishing - More 7

I think this might be my final idea for the front of each individual edition, bearing in mind that they will be packaged together as well, meaning I have more room to design for the full box of the set and some room to use the logo that I developed. I also looked briefly at the whole comic cover including the reverse of the cover:



The blurb bit doesn't really work amazingly here, but it's important to remember that it is very different printed to on screen. I thought of including a blurb-like bit which could say very briefly what happens in each edition. 


I also tried to make it a bit more interesting by putting the type in a shape, but quickly decided that this idea would take away from the simplistic impact of the front. 


Eventually I actually decided that one of the more appropriate design decisions could just be to have nothing but the star design progressing over each edition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment