Tuesday 22 November 2011

Baseball Brief - Lens Based Idea

I always end up using illustrator and photoshop to create some kind of vectored look to my work which is fine, but kind of repetitive. To counter this, one of my ideas for the Baseball brief was to use photographs in the work. They can still be edited loads, but the photo as a basis will give it a much more natural look rather than the very static look that most illustrator vectors will have. I still want to use the idea of using baseball players to link directly to the name of the album. In total, I might not actually need to write the name of the album on any of the posters, as they will work as a set and will imply baseball quite obviously.
I started using this photograph and playing around with some editing, then using a kind of halftone pattern across a couple of layers and rubbing some stuff out to just try out some different ideas.


I think this is a pretty good idea, but it could also be mixed with the idea of instruments instead of baseball equipment. So style wise, I'd like to experiment with photography and photoshop editing of it rather than vectors, but overall I still like the idea of the musical instruments.

No comments:

Post a Comment